When you are applying for your first job, the employer will want to know if you have any work experience. Those students who have at least some sort of an internship program or some sort of work experience or have undertaken some sort of volunteer work during their college life stand a better chance of being hired than those who do not have any internship program.
Here are some reasons why you should undertake an internship program
- When you take up an internship program for instance at PGP Australia, you get work experience. In addition to experience in your field and how to apply the knowledge that you have learned in the classroom, you are also able to develop a lot of skills which are there in the workplace which cannot be taught in a classroom or through textbooks or case studies.
- You learn how to interact with different people, of different age groups, of different levels in the organization. This itself is very invaluable, and employers look out for this in any of their future employees.
- When you take up an internship program, you discover a lot of factors and evaluate a number of things including whether the career which you have chosen is the right one for you. An internship program teaches you about the industry which you will be entering into, and you will be working for.
- An internship can be used to increase the weight of your resume. Employers want students who have taken up an internship program because this tells the employer that the student is able to bond, knows teamwork and can multi-task as they have managed their college career along with an internship program.
- Through an internship program, the student can start building on networking. This will help them in the future. When they work, they will build connections with people in the industry and in their field. They will be able to meet with people who are high in the hierarchy and who will be able to help them in the future in one way or another.
- Internship programs help the student to grab a job. In case the employer finds that the intern is serious and has good work ethics as well as is committed, he or she may hire the intern. Some organizations fill employee positions from the interns that have worked for them, and the student will find that once they have graduated from college, they will not have to go job hunting and already will have a job for him or her ready and waiting for them.
These are just some of the reasons why students should undertake an internship program. In addition to this, there are several other reasons like learning the practical application of theoretical knowledge, being able to juggle various facets of life, being able to know how to prioritize and so much more.
Therefore, internships are a valuable experience and therefore should not be missed or not undertaken by the student.…